Call for Exhibition Proposals, 2011 Season
GRACE is requesting proposals for exhibitions for its main gallery space for periods of approximately 4-6 weeks. Proposals will be accepted from artists, independent curators, or arts organizations.
See Guidelines below.
GRACE is interested in the following exhibition proposals:
- Thematic Exhibitions organized by artists or curators
- Solo Focus Exhibitions by artists (GRACE will divide the main gallery for several concurrent solos)
- Co-organized exhibitions from art organizations, museums, galleries and other established art organizations
- $25 (Free for GRACE Members)
- Artists living in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia are eligible.
- Artists who have not had a solo exhibition at GRACE within the past 2 years
Due Dates for Proposals:
Postmarked by August 1, 2010
GRACE's Exhibition Vision
GRACE is interested in presenting the highest quality of contemporary art. We encourage proposals that address our mission by illuminating new ideas and stimulating viewer involvement.
The Exhibition Committee will consider applications based upon the following criteria:
Guidelines for Proposals
- Artistic merit of the proposed exhibit
- Conceptual integrity of exhibition proposal
- The proposal's relationship to GRACE's exhibition focus for that year.
Please submit one original proposal and include the following:
- Description of Proposed Exhibition:
- For thematic exhibitions, describe the theme or title and discuss
the exhibition goals.
- For solo or group exhibitions, include artist statements for all
- For all exhibitions, provide a description of the media/materials
to be used and any special equipment needed.
- For all exhibitions, list the artist(s) who will participate and
contact information including address, telephone number(s), email,
website and fax if available.
- Description of Programming or Events related to the Exhibition:
GRACE is particularly interested in encouraging community
interaction with its exhibitions. Ideas from artists and curators
are helpful in developing educational programs that meet the
needs of the audience and create a dialogue with the art.
Briefly describe ideas such as artist talks, forums, workshops,
or other educational events as well as promotional or outreach
strategies to recruit diverse or new audiences. Staff will draw
on these ideas in developing and implementing programs for
- Group or thematic exhibitors should include a compact disk (CD)
of 20 images or up to 20 minutes of recorded material.
- Solo exhibitors should include 20 images of related work and/or
up to 20 minutes of recorded material.
- Image List:
- Artist's name
- Title of artwork
- Price or NFS
- Catalogs or reviews of recent exhibitions (optional)
Please limit to 4 pieces
- Resumes of exhibition curator and/or artist(s)
- Artist statement(s)
If you wish your materials returned, please enclose a self-address stamped envelope. Submissions should be sent to:
- Exhibitions Committee
- 12001 Market Street, Suite 103
- Reston, VA 20190
- Phone: 703-471-9242 or email@example.com
Applications sent via facsimile or email will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible.
Applicants will be notified as soon as possible by letter or phone. Since the exhibition schedule is planned for a one or two-year period, there may be several months before a decision can be made so that we can provide a balanced, inclusive, and thoughtful range of exhibitions.